Friday, August 10, 2012

Mrs. Card is the bomb!

(do people still say "the bomb"?)...I call her Mrs. Card, and not JoAnn, because that is what you call someone who is a-retired-after-thirtysomething-years-of-teaching-Kindergarten! Or maybe I should call her Saint Card? Anyway...you get my point...she is an amazing lady.

A few months ago I got the idea to make chocolate covered Oreo cookies (like the ones Mrs. Card makes) decorated with a volleyball. I'd need to make a hundred of them to bring with us to Florida for a national volleyball tournament. At the tournament, the players exchange a "handshake gift" at the net before their match. What a great idea I had come up with for our team's gift!! Ideas are one thing, execution is quite another. My attempts, while always tasty, ranged from homey (homely?) looking to disastrous. I ended up buying round tins in the wedding favor department of Hobby Lobby and filled them with jellybeans and added a volleyball sticker. These were cute and in the end I was just happy to be done with it.

Fast forward to yesterday...
I had not forgotten about the chocolate covered Oreos and had already contacted Mrs. Card to see if she would make these for me next spring....going to plan ahead this time. High School volleyball has since begun and a team party was schedule. Excited to get to share my Oreos, I ordered 32 of them from Mrs. Card.

Chocolate + Volleyball + no work at all on my part = Happy
Check out the wonderful results:


No comments: